Video Recipe:Sweet Potato Unfries
- 3 or 4 potatoes
- 2 Garlic pods
- 1tsp Red chilli powder
- Rock or sea salt to taste
- Coconut milk – 4 tbsp
- Any type and colour of the potato will do. Wash and DO NOT peel the potatoes. Eating the vegetables “whole” with the peel provides a lot of nutrition.
- Slice the potatoes into half cm thick wedges
- Preheat the oven to 160 C for ten minutes.
- Grate the garlic and mix with salt and chilli powder and potatoes.
- Once the oven is ready, spread the potatoes on the baking tray and bake for 12 to 15 minutes till they are cooked.
- Note: even sweet potatoes taste delicious when baked this way. If one doesn’t have an oven, steaming in idli steamer is also an option
- Variation: You can marinate the potato sticks with coconut milk- grated garlic- red chillI powder and rock salt… then keep in OT G for 15- 20 mins
Last modified: Saturday, 18 April 2020, 2:18 PM